The Black Sphere has moved! You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit TheBlackSphere.net and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Colin Powell "Outed"

Colin Powell was finally outed as a Democrat. Rumors have persisted for some time of Powell being a closeted Democrat, being spotted at “dress up” parties, bath houses, and movie theaters where they show, well…foreign films! Recently Powell was seen, as one observer put it, ‘wiping away tears’ as he exited the theater where Rent was playing.

Interviewed in the Green Room of the Today Show, Barney Frank commented, “…I think most people have suspected for some time that Powell was at the very least ‘bi’, i.e. a Moderate, and I suspected for some time he was a full-fledged Dem.

To put the rumors to bed, today Powell formally came out, announcing on Meet the Press that he would be voting for Obama, saying in a high pitch voice, and with a finger snap in a z-formation, “…I ain’t cha Mama, and I’m for Obama”!

As to why he was coming out, Powell said he is voting for Obama, because he is a “transformational figure”.

Powell added, "I can't deny that it will be a historic event when an African-American becomes president…It would also not only electrify the country, but electrify the world." Powell continued, "And I come to the conclusion that because of his ability to inspire, because of the inclusive nature of his campaign, because he is reaching out all across America, because of who he is and his rhetorical abilities — and you have to take that into account — as well as his substance — he has both style and substance, he has met the standard of being a successful president, being an exceptional president."

I will agree with Secretary Powell that Obama has a bit of style, which I describe as “two-bit actor”, or “snake oil salesman”. I want to apologize to all two-bit actors and snake oil salesmen in advance for this comparison, as I mean you no disrespect. I only mean to compare your “gift of gab” and ability to delivering lines. At times, Obama is a gifted snake oil salesman and two-bit actor, again I beg the indulgence of those who have these careers, as I respect you. I do require my president to have a bit more, well...substance.

Speaking of substance. To say Obama has substance, is “substance abuse” at the most heinous level! And I can only wonder what substance the General was abusing when he came to this conclusion. Needless to say, Secretary Powell and I disagree greatly on this.

Obama made good grades, was the president of Law Review at Harvard, and became a practicing lawyer. These are notable achievements. However, beyond that Obama has proven only that he knows how to manipulate any system for his own political benefit. And Obama has used the law masterfully in his pursuit of power, but for all his so-called talent, the man has accomplished next to nothing.

In the IL State Senate, Obama sponsored 823 bills, of which nine passed. Don't believe me, here is the link to his record.

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2007/07/29/us/politics/20070730_OBAMA_GRAPHIC.html]

The overwhelming theme is “…a bill to establish a commission” or “…a bill to establish a study”. Forget the idea that a guy can’t get a fraction of his bills through committee (thankfully).

In the US Senate, it was no different. Since Jan 24, 2005, Obama has sponsored 121 bills, and co-sponsored 504 during the same period

[http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=400629],

yet he has only gotten three pieces of legislation enacted, the most recent was a law banning dangerous mercury exports. Wow, that’s an issue all Americans have at the forefront of their lives. I can find people who work at Ronald McDonald house, who have contributed more to society than Obama, and I am being completely serious.

With the exception of helping drive America’s financial institutions to the point of bankruptcy, Obama and his cronies get nothing done. And below is an example of how the lawyer in Obama thinks. And if you think he will be any different as president, think again.

The professor of a Contract Law class asked one of his better students, "If you were to give someone an orange, how would you go about it?"

The student replied, "Here's an orange."

The professor was outraged. "No! No! Think like Barack Obama!"

The student then replied, "Okay. I'd tell him `I hereby uh, give and convey to you, uh all and singular, my estate and interests, rights, claim, title, and advantages, of uh, and in, said orange, uh, together with all its rind, juice, pulp, and seeds, and uh, all rights and advantages with full power to bite, cut, freeze and otherwise eat, uh, the same, or give the same away with and without the pulp, juice, rind and seeds, uh, anything herein before or hereinafter or uh, in any deed, or deeds, instruments of whatever nature or kind whatsoever to the contrary in anywise notwithstanding...and uh, I will be taxing that orange!'"

Does Colin Powell really believe that Obama has substance? Not! Perhaps this is payback by Powell for his treatment by the Bush administration during his UN briefings regarding invading Iraq, a stance for which I respected Secretary Powell. Despite his coming out, I continue to accept General Powell as a patriot, and for his contribution to America. It took courage for him to 'out' himself as a Dem.

That’s my rant!

© 2008 Kevin Jackson – The Black Sphere All Rights Reserved


Share/Save/Bookmark

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these blogs!!!

Katie said...

The real reason why he did that is because he was promised a place on Obama's cabinet... Gotta love politics... I would love to know how it is possible to live with yourself after you abandon your belief system for money, status and your place in a history book. It seems as though Mr. Powell is a sell-out!

The Black Sphere said...

Vicki Betts
Senior Business Systems Analyst, Sentry Insurance

God bless you, Kevin-- I am new here, and I enjoy reading your blog-- trying hard to understand what is really going on behind the scenes, and what I have been shown by people on these boards, is a combination of good and frightening! You know what they say-- the truth shall set you free!

Posted 2 days ago

Anonymous said...

Mickey Edwards, Former Republican Congressman and author of "Reclaiming Conservatism" is a founding trustee of the Heritage Foundation. He is on record as voting for Obama in this election as are some other high ranking conservatives.

Kevin, in your opinion, are they sell outs as well?

Is their room in the Conservative movement and the Republican party for different opinions?

Just trying to get "hipped".

I would love a reply to both questions if your up to it.

Thanks,

P. Mouton

DawnofAquarius said...

If Colin Powell truly believes that Obama is what this country needs in the Oval Office of the White House, then I have to question his rationality. Also, I must disagree with you that he showed courage in outing himself as a Democrat. How will he suffer for that?

I do understand that he might want some revenge on the Republican Party and President Bush. It just seems cowardly to me that he would pretend to be a conservative for twenty years in order to work for people he never respected. Still, it's understandable because it allowed him to climb to a high rank in a generally conservative U.S. military environment.

I don't hate Colin Powell. I feel sorry for him. It isn't easy to live a lie.

Anonymous said...

Indyanna

re: "I can find people who work at Ronald McDonald house, who have contributed more to society than Obama, and I am being completely serious."

As one who has done just that - volunteered at a Ronald McDonald house - thank you. :-)

And you're right.

Anonymous said...

gbudavid

fta: Does Colin Powell really believe that Obama has substance? Not! Perhaps this is payback by Powell for his treatment by the Bush administration during his UN briefings regarding invading Iraq, a stance for which I respected Secretary Powell. Despite his coming out, I continue to accept General Powell as a patriot, and for his contribution to America. It took courage for him to 'out' himself as a Dem.

I agree with that.

Anonymous said...

johnny2k

Kevin, I loved your rant! Well the best part was the Contract Law class example of Obama in action.

FTA:
The professor of a Contract Law class asked one of his better students, "If you were to give someone an orange, how would you go about it?"

The student replied, "Here's an orange."

The professor was outraged. "No! No! Think like Barack Obama!"

The student then replied, "Okay. I'd tell him `I hereby uh, give and convey to you, uh all and singular, my estate and interests, rights, claim, title, and advantages, of uh, and in, said orange, uh, together with all its rind, juice, pulp, and seeds, and uh, all rights and advantages with full power to bite, cut, freeze and otherwise eat, uh, the same, or give the same away with and without the pulp, juice, rind and seeds, uh, anything herein before or hereinafter or uh, in any deed, or deeds, instruments of whatever nature or kind whatsoever to the contrary in anywise notwithstanding...and uh, I will be taxing that orange!'" /fta

Though I never became an attorney, a few people in my family did or are doing that gig... YES! I think that they would have a big laugh on this one!

Biased Girl said...

Colin Powell has shown his true colors which is fine. His decision to stop us from going to Baghdad in 1991 is what utlitmately led to the 12 more years of Saddam Hussein (no known relation to Obama) reign of Terror in Iraq.

Powell is the one put his face on the invasion of Iraq, then says he's supporting a Guy who has been against it all along. So in addition to coming out as a Dem, he's also telling us that he's also a hypocrit that will say Anything (including smears against Palin and McCain) to remain in Good Graces with the Elite Crowd.

Anonymous said...

elleigh2

I always thought he was NOT a Conservative! The Conservatives made him who he was and I think his endorsement of 0 was about getting a job in the new administration and backing a member of his own race.

Anonymous said...

thoughtsonthis

Once again, Kevin, a great article. However, Colin Powell may be honorable, but I think there have been better SoS.

Anonymous said...

mmaine

Another great "rant" from Kevin, AKA "theblacksphere".
I agree with johnny2k about your story about the orange.
I've tried to listen to what Obama says, I really have, but it takes him 5 minutes to say what a normal person can say in 10 seconds, and even after that we never get a straight answer.