The Black Sphere has moved! You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit TheBlackSphere.net and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Candidate #5 – More to the Story

So today we find out that Candidate #5 is Jesse Jackson, Jr. I'm not surprised, though I reserve my opinion of Jackson Jr. Nevertheless, I will provide some insight into the rough and tumble politics of Chicago, IL.

Recall that Jackson took over the vacated seat of Representative Mel Reynolds, the IL Congressman who was convicted of sleeping with his 16-year old campaign volunteer. His problems began in 1992, but the cake didn't hit the fan until late 1994, and ultimately in 1995, when he finally was convicted.

What most people don't know is only months before the prosecution of Mel Reynolds, Jackson Jr and his wife Sandra transferred their official residence to Chicago from Washington. And once it was clear that Reynolds was persona non grata, the IL machine started against him, specifically Jackson Sr. They did a "Joe the Plumber" on Reynolds to make sure that he wouldn't pull a Blagojevichesque move and attempt to keep his seat.

Reynolds' unceremonious departure from Congress marked the beginning of the healing that Jackson Sr was to do with the Clintons, since Clinton would need Jackson Sr in his 1996 election bid. And for his support Jackson Sr would later be "gifted" with Africa, and the Clintons would throw their support behind Jackson Jr.

If you read my blogs you may recall where I reported that Clinton had one of the worst policies for Africa for modern-day presidents, and Jackson Sr was a big reason for Clinton's failures. In fact Jackson is credited with contributing to the deaths of over 300,000 Africans. Jackson Jr's record is not too bad, as he is a popular congressman in South Chicago, with his most notable pursuit to get an airport built for that area of the city.

Jackson Jr does live a much different life than he did in Washington, where he had a one-bedroom apartment that he later expanded. He became good friends with August Busch IV, and was given an A-B distributorship a few years back. For those of you who don't know, I will tell you that given the choice between printing money or owning an A-B distributorship, I would take the latter. It's better than printing money!

So here's the wrap:

I don't know if Jackson Jr did anything wrong. He likely believes that he is the best senate candidate, though he is as Liberal as Obama in many respects. But the good news for Republicans is that the strongest Democrat candidates for this seat are tainted, and the governor has been neutered. So if we take advantage of this situation, we might be able to get another senate seat.

Oh, here's the rest of the story. Clinton would later pardon Reynolds. Upon his release from prison, Jackson Sr hired him as his Prison Outreach Advisor, the first time in the history that either thing occurred.  Given the scandals that would later touch both Jackson and Clinton, are we surprised?  Like I said, Liberals make great zoo animals!

That's my rant!

© 2008 Kevin Jackson – The Black Sphere All Rights Reserved

Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

EMFK 11 minutes ago

From the blog, first observation: Less pictures of Jesse Jackson, Jr and more pictures of Kevin Jackson. How about that? :-)

Dang---had forgotten about Mel Reynolds. And yes---each of the Dem candidates are tainted.

What we would like to know is which zoo animal do you insult by putting a Democrat's name next to it? Poor zoo animals! :-)

Thanks for posting, Kevin!

Anonymous said...

NewsGuy2005 52 minutes ago

Now Jessie Jackson, Sr. has another reason to cry about Obama winning!

Biased Girl said...

Another great Rant! But look at them just giving you material. ;) At least with The One in office, you'll never run out of things to write about.

The Black Sphere said...

Hey hey now BiasedGirl, though I have lots of fodder, I still must present the "angle"! And I thought you were amongst my biggest fans?! Kidding...thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

Stevanoski 27 minutes ago

Wow, did not know about the back stabbing to get JJ Jr. in to replace Reynolds, on my must read list now.

René O'Deay said...

Wait a minute. Who stabbed who in the back?

Anonymous said...

Its common reaction from Jessie Jackson to wining Obama.

Anonymous said...

Being from the wonderful IL state, All I have to say is...
This is going to get interesting!!
Thanks Kevin for your rants. They always make me smile.
Lilly

Anonymous said...

mmaine 1 hr 42 min ago

Another great "rant"! I learned a little more about Chicago politics today.

It's impossible for corruption not to affect you, when you are surrounded by it for such a long period of time.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin,
When people I meet find out I'm from Chicago, they would ask me why I left to move to South Carolina, I would joke I had to leave before the police found the dead bodies in my backyard. The ones that got the joke would laugh, while I remember one person saying they always thought it was a tough town because of AL CAPONE, the top gangster. Ha, I told him, old Al wasn't nothing compared to our 'windy city politicans'.
Now the whole world knows our dirty little secret.
My Christmas prayer this year is to have either da Chicago Bulls, Bears or White Sox win another championship in the next four years so I can feel slighty proud of my hometown again. Won't my fellow bloggers join me in my prayer...please

Lillith2008 said...

Another great rant. Chicago is like NYC a separate part of the US with their own rules.